This is the first book in the Winterlands - Dragonsbane quartet. I've been putting off reviewing this one, because it was okay, but nothing special. I'm not sure why, but I was not drawn into it. Maybe it was just that I was in a non-receptive state, or maybe it was because I could not directly relate to any of the characters. I did not care as much as I should have for what was happening.
Don't get me wrong, the plot is just fine, and the characterization is good too. It won't seem like an original plot, but that could be because it was written in '85. I do like the fact that the dragonsbane is not your typical hero. He is past his prime, beaten up a little, nerdish - a book loving guy who has done what he's had to, and is now being called upon to do more.
I'd give it a 6/10 on the Jason enjoyment scale.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment