Friday, June 15, 2007

Timeline, by Michael Crichton

I've had this book sitting on my shelf just waiting for a time when I had nothing in the library. I'm not sure I've read a Michael Crichton book before. I haven't seen the movie version of Timeline either. So, I was very pleased to find that it is a fantastic read! It doesn't hurt that I love the whole "visiting the past" thing, especially when the past is a period that I find as interesting as the Middle Ages. It's kind of like a historical fiction in the present day ;-).

So yeah, great book. It's not so much a character driven book, but the main players are likeable, and the plot was fast paced, adventurous, and fun, with just the right amount of suspense and action thrown in. It's not a difficult book to read either - you don't need to re-read many paragraphs to figure out what's going on.

I'm giving this one 8.3 out of 10.

No comments: