Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Visitation, by Frank Peretti

Man, this review has really held me up. I finished the book almost 2 weeks ago, but have been procrastinating writing about it - probably because I feel there is much I could say, but I don't know what :-). So, here's the short review.

I liked it. I was expecting a bit of a sensationalist Christian popular fiction book (e.g. Left Behind series), but I feel like Peretti has written an honest book dealing with disillusionment and faith when we don't know what God is doing, or why He is doing or not doing what we want or expect Him to do.

It is also a fun book. The characters are engaging, sometimes funny, sometimes sad. Peretti keeps you turning the pages with a decent plot - nothing spectacular, but solid.

I'd give it about 7.4 out of 10.

No comments: